Our House Movers Know How to Help You Move in a Hassle-Free Manner
About 42 million people move around the US each year. If you are one of them and do not know how to get the process started, Alexandria Econo Van Lines LLC is here for you. Our team has listed 10 tips to help you move in a quick and stress-free manner!
- Create a checklist about the content of each box when packing. Put this list inside the box, so your movers do not know what exactly are they transporting.
- Label the box with a colorful label afterwards. All this will help you unpack quickly once your stuff is relocated.
- Make sure you have enough boxes before you start packing. You may rent some from your house movers or visit your local grocery store and ask for the delivery boxes they no longer need.
- Think about going green with your moving. If you rent cardboard boxes, make sure that they are made from recycled paper.
- Start packing as early as possible. This process usually takes longer than you expect, not to mention that you may need to organize a garage sale to get rid of your unnecessary items meanwhile. And if you pack last minute this may not be possible.
- Leave your cleaning supplies out of the boxes when you start packing in advance. People often get carried away when packing and forget that they will need their cosmetics for a few more days.
- Pack your essentials in your luggage suitcases. This way you will travel with them and can be 100% sure that they will be around you during your first night at your new place. This is a smart idea in case you are not sure whether your movers will arrive before you.
- Make sure you have packed all your valuables safely. If you do not trust the house movers you have hired, we advise you to take all your jewelry, documents and other important items in your personal luggage.
- Hire professional movers to help you relocate. Make the booking at least a few weeks in advance so that you can be sure you will find available professionals in Alexandria, VA for the time you need them.
- Call your utility providers to inform them that you will no longer be using their services. This way you will stop receiving bills at your old address after you switch homes.