What You Need to Do before the Moving Day
Because we know how stressful a move can be and how wrong things can go if they are not planned properly, we decided to help you by sharing our tips for moving. So, we have listed below some things that you should keep in mind while preparing your belongings for the relocation.
- You should start the whole packing process by deciding which items you will be bringing with you and which ones you can leave behind. You will be surprised to see how many things you don’t actually use and can get rid of.
- Then, it’s time to begin collecting packing supplies. Start by getting extra boxes from your friends, family members, your office or even local stores. In case you can’t get enough, you can find packs with such supplies available for sale online.
- Start the packing process by packing the things that you won’t be needing any time soon. For example, if it’s summer, you should put away all the winter clothing first.
- Once you are done with that, then you should label them. Remember to write “fragile” to all boxes containing easily breakable stuff, so the professionals helping you with the move know to be extra careful.
- Another great idea for making the unpacking easier for you is to write a list of the things that are inside of each box. That way you won’t have to go through all 10 boxes named “kitchen” just to find the spoons, for example.
- When it comes to moving furniture, you should make sure that all the parts of the items are staying together. You can put the bolts and other small parts in plastic bags and tape them to the main object, so they won’t get lost.
- Also, to avoid getting any smooth surfaces scratched, you should wrap all the furniture in protective padding. The padding that’s made especially for that purpose won’t get ripped like liner would and will protect your possessions better.
If you are currently living in Alexandria, VA and you are looking for dependable professionals who can help you with your relocation, look no further than Alexandria Econo Van Lines LLC. Call (202) 644-8206 to learn more about all the services that we can provide you with.