What to Do before Booking Moving Services
Moving to a new home can be a really stressful and time-consuming process. If it’s not well planned even when using moving services, the whole thing can go really wrong, so you need to take the time and think about everything beforehand. To help you on that part, we prepared a useful list of things to do:
– Start the packing process by deciding which items you use and need and which you can live without. It’s important to take only things that you put in use or have a real sentimental value. You can give away or sell all the unneeded items.
– Think about the packing supplies. You should start collecting boxes from people close to you or local store that trashes them anyway. If you can’t find them that way, you can order some online.
– When you get your supplies and start the actual packing, remember to first put in the boxes the things you won’t be needing soon. For example, if it’s summer put away all the coats and sweaters.
– After you finish putting everything into boxes, start labeling them. You should write on each and every box your name, the room that it’s supposed to go in at the new place and a list of the things inside. On boxes with things that can easily get broken write ‘fragile’ so the movers know to be extra careful with them.
– When you are moving furniture, make sure that all the parts of a whole are staying together. For example, when you unscrew the legs of your coffee table, tie them to the top part. Also, put all the bolts and little pieces in a plastic bag and tape them to the main part of the table too so they don’t get lost.
– To avoid getting any scratchable furniture ruined, wrap it in protective padding. You can use blankets and liners, but they get ripped more easily. The padding will protect your belongings better.
Alexandria Econo Van Lines LLC is a company providing top quality moving services and is based in Alexandria, VA. If you ever need the help of a mover, don’t hesitate to contact us at (202) 644-8206.
Professional Moving Services Do not Have to Be Expensive
Packing for a major home moving project is definitely not an easy job, and it also involves some investment in packing boxes and supplies. In order to help you save some money on that, our specialists have listed a few tips on where and how to find all types of packing stuff you may need, and how to organize the process better. This way, packing will not add to the price of your moving services, and they will become much more affordable!
Since the great response we got to our previous infographic “Fun Facts and Tips About Moving” we decided to make this a sort of recurring feature where we share some interesting, bizarre and/or useful moving service statistics and other fun stuff.
Tips on How to Avoid Moving Company Scams
Today, it seems anyone that has a van can put on a company sticker, list their number in the phone book, and promote themselves as a true and reputable moving company. Over the last few years, the removals industry has gotten increasingly competitive, and often hard to legislate due to the closing down of the Interstate Commerce Commission. The internet offers the anonymity for scam artists. With the laws on a moving company protocol being a bit murky, disputes between clients and removal firms are becoming all too common, and usually get into a he said/she said situation, with no contract or paper trail to find out when moving scam was done. For customers, the best protection against these scams is to identify the common types of fraud done by disreputable moving firms.
Ever wondered how many people yearly go trough all that trouble as you are while moving?
Find out an astonishing amount of the general population in the US that is. You know why you’re moving, but are all those other people doing it? Get to know the main reasons people in America move. Are there any odd balls in these stats – sure, head on below to find out more! And while you’re at it have an early look at our next topic ,which we’ll cover in a separate post, avoiding scams from ill minded moving companies. All that after the jump:
Packing Tips to Help You Prepare to Meet the Contractor That Will Provide Moving Services for You
Transporting fine china is a huge responsibility. Although some people believe that booking an insured and licensed moving contractor will guarantee a safe delivery, the truth is that if it is not properly packed, you may have to assemble its parts together after it arrives to your new home.